- Global customers now onboarding as joint implementations demonstrate enhanced customer experience
- Avaya and Google continue to work jointly together to expand AI capabilities
SANTA CLARA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA), a global leader in solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration, today announced that key Google Cloud Contact Center (CC) AI capabilities integrated with Avaya IX Contact Center solutions are now available for global customers. The powerful combination of Avaya AI conversation services and Google Cloud CC AI are providing a better experience for clients by seamlessly blending automated and assisted experiences throughout a customer’s interaction with the contact center.
Avaya IX Contact Center is an AI-enhanced solution including voice, email, chat and mobile communications to make customer engagement a competitive advantage that drives growth and brand preference.
Key new features being enabled now in Avaya IX Contact Center through integration with Google Cloud CC AI include:
- Virtual Agents – Human-like automated bots which seamlessly interact with customers, offloading the live agents’ utilization until the optimal time and then transferring all context gathered to the agent. Avaya captures the intent, actions and ultimate disposition of each interaction in real-time, to decide the best path in future customer engagement. Virtual agent capabilities are enabled through integration of Google CC AI Dialogflow with Avaya Experience Portal. While virtual bots are ubiquitous, they lack essential capabilities for effectively interacting with customers. Avaya integrated with Google CC AI has evolved virtual bots into virtual agents, with more human-like, intelligent responsiveness.
Together, Avaya and Google are providing customers with increased flexibility, efficiency and scalability in deploying powerful and simple communication and collaboration solutions, and the two companies are working closely together to extend their integration to additional capabilities, including:
- Agent Assist – Avaya AI algorithms can be applied to Google Contact Center AI to determine the next best action by the agent, delivering the right information and enhancing the customer experience – while increasing agent satisfaction and contact center efficiency.
- Conversational Topic Modeling – Google Topic Modeling combined with Avaya AI enables agents to leverage real-time visibility of topics with each conversation turn. Through this valuable insight, recommended responses and best actions can be uniquely tailored to drive desired outcomes.
Avaya expects both Agent Assist and Conversational Topic Modeling to be available for global customers in the first half of 2020.
“Avaya is extending its leadership in leveraging AI to improve customer experience with more personalized, intelligent and insightful interactions that can reduce complexity in the myriad interactions that can impact traditional contact center effectiveness,” said Chris McGugan, Avaya SVP, Solutions & Technology. “This includes embedding Google Deep Machine Learning AI with Avaya’s conversation engine powering the contact center, enabling easy integration of AI capabilities regardless of channel, promoting a consistent and intelligent end-to-end experience for customers and delivering true omnichannel experiences with AI.”
“When properly designed, intelligent Virtual Agents for self-service customer engagement can improve the customer experience while decreasing contact center costs and increasing net promoter score,” said E. Brent Kelly, Ph.D., Principal Analyst & Consultant, KelCor, Inc. “Google CCAI is democratizing the use of conversational artificial intelligence in the contact center, and the capabilities of Avaya IX Contact Center integrated with Google’s AI will enhance the contact center’s business logic and flows.”
Businesses are built on the experiences they provide, and everyday millions of those experiences are built by Avaya (NYSE: AVYA). For over one hundred years, we’ve enabled organizations around the globe to win – by creating intelligent communications experiences for customers and employees. Avaya builds open, converged and innovative solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration – in the cloud, on-premise or a hybrid of both. To grow your business, we’re committed to innovation, partnership, and a relentless focus on what’s next. We’re the technology company you trust to help you deliver Experiences that Matter. Visit us at www.avaya.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains certain “forward-looking statements.” All statements other than statements of historical fact are “forward-looking” statements for purposes of the U.S. federal and state securities laws. These statements may be identified by the use of forward looking terminology such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “might,” “our vision,” “plan,” “potential,” “preliminary,” “predict,” “should,” “will,” or “would” or the negative thereof or other variations thereof or comparable terminology and include, but are not limited to, expected cash savings and statements about growth, exchange listing and improved operational metrics. The Company has based these forward-looking statements on its current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While the Company believes these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond its control. The factors are discussed in the Company’s Registration Statement on Form 10 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, may cause its actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a further list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to the Company’s filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. The Company cautions you that the list of important factors included in the Company’s SEC filings may not contain all of the material factors that are important to you. In addition, considering these risks and uncertainties, the matters referred to in the forward-looking statements contained in this report may not in fact occur. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as otherwise required by law.
Source: Avaya Newsroom