|Page (1) of 1 - 07/15/15||email article||print page|
Rugged Protection for a Pro
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is a machine somewhere in between a laptop and a mobile tablet. It is able to keep up with all of the software that you'd run on your Windows 8 machine, but more portable than a laptop.
One problem with the ability to drag the SurfacePro around is the potential to dropping it. Kensington's BlackBelt protects the SurfacePro while still allowing all of the port function to be accessible.
One thing that I'm not sure about it whether or not it prevents the SurfacePro from cooling adequately.
I'll also take a look to see how easily you can remove the case from the SurfacePro.
At under $45, the case is a great investment if it saves you from a single ding.
"The Kensington BlackBelt offers users the absolute best value in tablet drop protection for the Surface Pro 3," said Jim Murakami, Global Product Manager, Kensington. "The BlackBelt has passed military-grade testing protocols against drops and scratches - plus it provides non-slip grip. Strategic cutouts in the case offer full functionality for the Surface kickstand and Type Cover, as well as easy access to other ports and buttons. This rugged case doesn't disappoint when it comes to protection, portability, and productivity."
"People are increasingly seeking devices that span work and play, can be easily managed and configured, and have the right software to get the job done," added Murakami. "We're excited to participate in the Microsoft Designed for Surface Program for these reasons - particularly in conjunction with the launch of Kensington's BlackBelt 1st Degree Rugged Case. Kensington's participation further demonstrates our commitment to serving the needs of customers relying on Microsoft devices and services."
- Military-Grade Drop Protection - A strong, cushioned layer of TPU surrounds the Surface Pro 3 and meets the MIL-STD-810G testing protocols for all-around protection against drops and scratches.
- Unobstructed Access - Strategic cutouts in the case allow users to take full advantage of the Surface kick stand, Type Cover, buttons, ports and cameras.
- Non-Slip Grip - Rubberized texture makes the case easier to hold and prevents it from sliding off a table or desk.
- Raised Bezel - Protects the corners and screen from scratches and damage.
- Stylus Holder - Elastic loop can be removed or attached any time.
Ko Maruyama is a freelance animator in Los Angeles. In addition to working on film and broadcast animations, Ko teaches at Pasadena's Art Center College of Design - focusing on motion design. When working, writing or testing software allows, you can find him lending a hand in the After Effects board and lurking among the Cinema4D, Visual Effects and Photoshop posts within the DMNForums.