|Page (1) of 1 - 12/06/17||email article||print page|
GRAND RAPIDS, Minn. (PRWEB) November 02, 2017
Visit Grand Rapids, the official Destination Marketing Organization for the Grand Rapids area, today launched a “Do Winter Differently" promotion and sweepstakes. The organization joined forces with Loon Point Resort and outdoor activities attractions to encourage travelers to check out the Grand Rapids area for winter family fun.
Details of the sweepstakes can be found at http://www.visitgrandrapids.com/sweepstakes/. There are no fees to enter. One grand prize winner will enjoy a weekend getaway with two nights of lodging at Loon Point Resort; gift cards for dining and local delicacies; admission for two to attractions such as the Judy Garland Museum, Children's Discovery Museum and the Forest History Center; downhill ski/snow tubing packages to Mt. Itasca recreation area; and spa time at the True North Salon and Synergy Within Wellness.
The “Do Winter Differently" grand prize package has a total value of $650. People can enter the sweepstakes until Thursday, November 16. Visit Grand Rapids will conduct a random drawing at noon Central time that day.
“Minnesota winters have a reputation for being long, but when people make the most out of a great destination such as Grand Rapids, winter can make for memorable family or couple getaways," said Megan Christianson, executive director of Visit Grand Rapids. “People can experience everything from downhill and Nordic skiing to snow tubing and exceptional snowmobile trails to fat tire biking in the forest or indoor fun at resorts, museums, shops and restaurants."
Winter fun particulars in Grand Rapids:
- 2,000 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, including the Minnesota State Taconite Trail that continues up to the Iron Range.
- Groomed downhill and nordic skiing at Mt. Itasca.
- Hundreds of miles of trails for fat tire winter biking, including the Legion Trail, designated trails within the Forest History Center and many other roads and trails to explore on two wheels.
- Snowshoeing within the 1 million+ acres of public accessible forest land around Grand Rapids with trails for beginners to experts.
- Dozens of resorts, hotels/motels, a bed & breakfast, shops, restaurants, museums and other indoor attractions where travelers can take a break before heading to the next outdoor adventure.
Information about lodging, trails, activities and other area attractions can be found at http://www.visitgrandrapids.com.
About Visit Grand Rapids
Visit Grand Rapids is the official destination marketing organization for the Grand Rapids, Minnesota, area. Visit Grand Rapids was founded in 1983 as a 501(c)(6) non-profit business association, with the objective to promote the Grand Rapids area as a destination for conferences, conventions, events, group tours and leisure travelers, thereby enhancing the economic growth of the area through travel and tourism. Visit Grand Rapids' mission is to generate a positive economic impact through travel and tourism. For more information, visit http://www.visitgrandrapids.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/11/prweb14875663.htm.